Anytime a process is laborious at your law firm, you know something needs to change. Lawyers often have a reputation for keeping things old-school, but there are so many tools out there today that help you stay current and improve your work processes.
So, is it time to find a new bankruptcy software? Here are a few things to think about.
Signs you need an upgrade
If you already suspect your software is out of date, you’re probably not wrong. Here are a few signs it’s time to make a change:
- Processes are cumbersome and time-consuming
- You’re paying too much each month or year
- Your workflow problems aren’t being solved
- You don’t have a way to support your clients through your platform
- Communication is lacking
- Document management is slow going
When something just isn’t working for you, you need a bankruptcy software that will give you solutions. It’s worth taking a look at exactly what you’re missing and making sure you don’t settle for less.
What to look for in a new bankruptcy software
So, what should you look for? What’s available in the latest bankruptcy platforms? Here are a few features you need to have as a modern attorney:
- Client texting: Find a solution that allows you to connect with clients on their mobile devices for more convenience and better support. You can send automatic reminders of hearings, due dates, and more, from a dedicated local phone number so you never have to give out your personal number.
- Client portal: A place just for clients to help them upload their information seamlessly, and you can import everything directly into their case.
- Document automation: Managing and creating law firm documents can be a time-consuming hassle. The right software will allow you to create templates, add tags that will autofill with case info, and duplicate documents with ease.
- Payment portal: What if you could integrate payments into your bankruptcy software? Look for a tool that is a one-stop-shop so you can track your billable hours, generate invoices, and collect payment in the software.
- Credit report integration: Make it easier than ever to pull credit reports for your bankruptcy clients with an integration that will import data from the report directly into your client’s case.
- Credit counseling: Find a software where you can manage the credit counseling process, including sending clients information about courses and tracking their progress.
- Cloud-based: Make sure you go with a program that is completely cloud-based so you can access and edit information from any device or location.
These features will help you support your clients through their bankruptcies while streamlining your law practice workflows. Stay tech-savvy and innovative by updating your tools regularly.
NextChapter is a cloud-based bankruptcy software where you’ll get all the above features and much more. Manage client intake, communication, petition preparation, court notice management, and payments, all in one place that’s intuitive for you and your legal clients to use. The document automation tool, NextChapter Docs, allows you to create templates and legal forms with just a few clicks.
Learn more by signing up for NextChapter, and enjoy a free trial!